Recent Search Keywords
- New Passport for 10 Years - Renew/Reissue of Passports/Jumbo Passport (60 pages)
- New Passport for Minor below 18 years
- New Passport in lieu of Lost/Damage Passport
- New Passport with Change of Name (Major)
- New Passport with Change of Name (Minor)
- Passport for New Born Baby
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Miscellaneous Services (Change of Address, Addition of Spouse Name, ECR Deletion. Exhaution of Visa Pages)
New Passport in lieu of ’Miscellaneous Services
- Online passport application form (http://embassy.passportindia.gov.in). (Form Filling services are available in the BLS center)
- After submitting the form online, take a print out of the application.
- Affix recent photograph (size 51mm X 51mm) Passport size having frontal view with both ears clearly visible with plain white background and the dress in preferably in colour offering contrast with background for clarity at designated place. (Photograph services are available at the BLS center)
- Signatures are required to affixed before the Submission Officer of BLS.
- Original passport of the applicant. (Photocopy services are available at the BLS center).
Additional documents for Addition of Spouse Name: Passport Copy or Aadhar card copy of spouse.
Additional requirements for ECR Deletion: Applicants are eligible to get ECNR passport only if they meet any one of the below requirements.
- Applicants have completed 50 years of age.
- If applicant has 10th Pass Certificate.
- If they have completed 3 years after POE is granted.
Additional documents for Change of Address: Applicants can update their permanent address on their passport by submitting any one of the address proof listed below.
Proof of Address:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill
- Election Commission Photo ID Card
- Gas Connection Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Water Bill
- Applicant’s current and Valid Ration Card.
- Income Tax assessment Order
- Rent Agreement
- Spouse Passport Copy ( First and last page including family details mentioning applicants name as spouse of the passport holder provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioning in the spouse passport)
- Spouse Passport Copy (if address is different) with spouse address proof.
- Minor applicants can change address as per their parent's passport copy
- Pass book of running bank account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only).
- Allotment letter of the Government accommodation issued by the Estate.
- Office/public works Department of the Central/State Government in respect of their employees.
- Duly Certified/attested extract of the service record/book of the Government employees (serving/retired) or the Bonafide certificate issued by the employer in respect of serving Government employees.
- Employer Certificate on letterhead from reputed and widely known companies.
- Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages along with address proof of spouse in respect of newly married women.
- Passport of Son/Daughter in case of Dependent parents ( If address is the same)
- Passport of Son/Daughter in case of Dependent parents and address proof of son/daughter (If address is different)
- Proof of Address of (POA) Issued by the India post, Department of Posts.
Application processing at the Embassy of India involves Document Verification, Previous file/Data check and Granting (maximum up to 4-5 working days), after which Police Verification will be initiated (where necessary) at your Present Address in India. Please use Application Reference Number (e.g: xx-xxxxxxxxxx) and your Date of Birth to track your application processing status at https://portal5.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html . If the status is shown as “Passport Application is Under Review at Indian Embassy”, it indicates that your application is pending with the respective State Police authorities for verification. Verification status can be checked from the police authorities using the ‘File Number (KUxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)’ sent to the email address provided by you in the Passport application, or with old Passport particulars. Time taken for Police Verification by State Police authorities vary from State to State in India. While it is completed within 5-7 days in some places, it might take up to 30-32 days in other places. After receipt of Clearance from the respective SP Office/Commissioner’s Office, the printing process will begin. After Printing, Lamination and Stamping the new Passport will be handed over (maximum 2-3 working days) to BLS Center for delivery (pick up at the respective Center or despatch by courier, as the case may be).Please Note:
- Applicant has to come in person.
- The Applicant must produce Passport, Civil ID or any other related document in original for verification.
- All copies of documents should be self-attested (sign & date).
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.
BLS International offers "Value Added Services" for the Convenience of applicants at centres.