New Passport with Change of Name (Major)
- Applicants are required to do onetime registration at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in (Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates) and create a USER ID (Form Filling services are available at the BLS center)
- Login using the newly created USER ID and fill in the user-friendly application form online at the same portal
- After submitting the form online, take a print out of the application.
- Affix recent photograph (size 51mm X 51mm) Passport size having frontal view with both ears clearly visible with plain white background and the dress in preferably in colour offering contrast with background for clarity at designated place. (Photograph services are available at the BLS center)
- Signatures are required to affixed before the Submission Officer of BLS.
- Passport copies of the applicant. (Photocopy services are available at the BLS center).
All cases except
- A woman applying for change in name following marriage;
- Divorcees/Widow applying for change from married name to maiden name. Remarried applicants applying for change of name also requires following documents:
- Gazette notification published in the Indian Union/State Official Gazette; OR Original newspaper cuttings announcing the change of name published in two leading daily newspapers (one popular daily newspaper in the area of the applicant’s present address and another at his permanent address).
- Atleast least two public documents issued in the desired/ applied name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his name.
Submit the print out along with required documents and prescribed fee at the nearest BLS Centre with original existing passport.
Name Change Advertisement Specimen click here
- Applicant has to come in person.
- The Applicant must produce Passport, Civil ID or any other related document in original for verification.
- All copies of documents should be self-attested (sign & date).
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.
TATKAL FACILITY IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF APPLICATION.
BLS International offers "Value Added Services" for the Convenience of applicants at centres.