Recent Search Keywords
- New Passport for 10 Years - Renew/Reissue of Passports/Jumbo Passport (60 pages)
- New Passport for Minor below 18 years
- New Passport in lieu of Lost/Damage Passport
- New Passport with Change of Name (Major)
- New Passport with Change of Name (Minor)
- Passport for New Born Baby
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Miscellaneous Services (Change of Address, Addition of Spouse Name, ECR Deletion. Exhaution of Visa Pages)
Passport for New Born Baby
The birth of every child born in the Country of Kuwait to Indian parent(s) is required to be registered with the Embassy of India, Kuwait within one year from the Date of Birth.
Firstly, the parents should register the birth of the newly born baby at the Birth Registration Office, Ministry of Health, Government of Kuwait and obtain an Arabic Birth Card (Green Card).
Once Registration of Birth is done, Embassy will issue a Birth Certificate. Given name of the child will be entered in the Embassy Birth Register, Birth Certificate and Passport as per the name mentioned in the Arabic Birth Card. Parts of name mentioned in the Arabic Birth Card could be split in to Given Name and Surname OR Family Name/Father’s Name, etc., could also be added as Surname, if the Parent/s so desire, by giving an undertaking in the prescribed format at the Embassy.
Kindly note that Birth Register is a permanent record and it is not possible to make corrections in the Birth Register and Records time and again. Therefore, any such addition/correction may be carefully considered before applying for the same, since further/later changes cannot be made in the Birth Register/Birth Certificate. Any applications for further correction of name in the Passport of the child at a later stage shall be accepted only after the said correction is done in the Arabic Birth Card.
It is essential that spouse name is endorsed in the Passport of at least one of the parents, before registration of birth of the child. In the case of recently married couple, if spouse name is not endorsed in the Passport of either of the parents, a duly attested Marriage Certificate (attestation from Home Department of the concerned State + MEA/Branch Office/RPO attestation) is required. However, if one/both parent/s have renewed his/her Passport after Marriage, it is mandatory that change in Marital Status and Spouse Name addition has been done in such renewed Passport. Please note that Suppression of material information (marital status) in Passport renewal application, is an offence under Section 10 (3) (b) read together with section 12 (1) (b) of the Passports Act.Documents Required:
- Online passport application form (http://embassy.passportindia.gov.in). (Form Filling services are available in the BLS center)
- Affix recent photograph (size 51mm X 51mm) Passport size having frontal view with both ears clearly visible with plain white background and the dress in preferably in colour offering contrast with background for clarity at designated place. (Photograph services are available at the BLS center)
- Signatures / Thumb impression are required to affixed before the Submission Officer of BLS.
- Original passports of the parents having entered spouse name in both passports
- Photocopy of the passports and Civil IDs of both parents. (Photocopy services are available at the BLS center).
- Original Birth Card issued by the local Ministry of Health, Kuwait with English translation. Original Birth Card of the child should be attested by M/o Foreign Affairs, Kuwait.
- Copy of Registration of birth of child on Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) website (https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in) (Online Registration of Birth can be done at BLS Center. Charges will be KWD 1.500).
- For new born baby's application it is mandatory to have the endorsement of spouse name in at least one of the parent's passport. If none of the parent passports are endorsed with spouse name, one of them must submit application for addition of spouse name.
- If one of the parent is Non-Indian, Spouse name endorsement is mandatory for parent who is holding Indian passport.
- To issue passport to a minor child, consent of both the parents in the form of Annexure D is required for the fresh issue as well as for every re-issue of such issued passport.
- Request letter for adding Surname for New born baby in Birth Records, Birth Certificate and Passport. Click here.
- If either of the parents holds nationality other than India, then a No-Objection Certificate is required from their respective Embassy.
- For exceptional cases like parents of children born out of wedlock, single parent cases, etc., please contact Embassy of India(Consular Section) Kuwait for details of requirements.
Late Registration of the birth of the child
- The birth of the child is required to be registered with the Indian Embassy within one year of the birth. In case, the registration of the birth could not be done for any Bonafide reasons, parents of the minor child please contact Embassy of India (Consular Section) with a written request detailing the reasons for not registering the birth on time
- Applicant has to come in person.
- The Applicant must produce Passport, Civil ID or any other related document in original for verification.
- All copies of documents should be self-attested (sign & date).
- Given name in Birth certificate and Passport will be as per name mentioned in original Birth Card issued by the local Ministry of Health, Kuwait
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.
BLS International offers "Value Added Services" for the Convenience of applicants at centres.